by Brandon Moore, Community Theatre and Communications Manager
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- The Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services has announced that “arts grants, with the exception of any funds provided for living costs, are exempt as income and assets for Ontario Works. The portion of an arts grant that is intended to cover living costs is not exempt. Grant amounts intended to help with living costs will be spread across the time period the grant is intended to cover.”
- The Pledge Project is an initiative led by Barry Freeman (one of our former Board members) connecting producers seeking large cast plays with scripts written by Canadian women.
- Anusree Roy was interview by Matt Galloway on CBC Radio Toronto’s Metro Morning, about her play Trident Moon which is up for the Susan Smith Blackburn Prize, and still awaiting its first Canadian production (autoplay audio)
- The International Centre for Women Playwrights is inviting nominations for their 50/50 Applause Awards for 2018, celebrating theatres that support gender equity in theatre.
In Case You Missed It
- Celebrate World Theatre Day with Theatre Ontario and our Colleagues in Suite 350.
- Stories from Next Generation Showcase: “A Future Bright with Possibility” by Kiana Woo.
- ONstage Openings this week in Kanata, North Bay, Sudbury, Whitby, Georgetown, London, Aylmer, Woodstock, Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Toronto, Cookstown, Barrie, and Midland.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, webinars, counselling, youth training, calls for directors, grant deadlines, internships, calls for proposals, and more.