|Thank you to everyone who supported our Holiday GIVING Tree|
We would like extend a very special thanks to our Holiday GIVING Tree campaign’s Donors and Supporters. Our Tree raised over $2,300!
- On January 3rd, J. Kelly Nestruck in the Globe and Mail reported on a lawsuit filed by Trish Fagan, Kristin Booth, Diana Bentley, and Hannah Miller against Soulpepper Theatre and its former Artistic Director Albert Schultz. Both Trish Fagan and Kristin Booth were interviewed by Anna Maria Tremonti on CBC’s The Current about their experiences, and Courtney Ch’ng Lancaster and Leslie McBay were interviewed on CBC Toronto’s Metro Morning about Soulpepper and the theatre industry at large.
- Prior to this news breaking—but especially timely—Generator and the Toronto Fringe announced that they are hosting an Urgent Exchange at Next Stages Theatre Festival called “Who Is a Monster?” and billed as “an afternoon of learning and unlearning about Toronto’s live performance workplace through eight different models for change.” The event is on Saturday, January 6 at 1pm at Theatre Passe Muraille in Toronto.
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- NOW Magazine introduced “the breakthrough Toronto stage artists from 2017” including our Youth Advisory Committee alum Wayne Burns.
- The Stratford Festival has received federal funding of $20 million for the construction of the new Tom Patterson Theatre Centre, from the Building Canada Fund—Provincial Territorial Infrastructure Component—National and Regional Projects.
In Case You Missed It
- Stories from the Professional Theatre Training Program, featuring projects in artistic direction, puppetry, dramaturgy, and directing.
- ONstage Openings this week in Toronto and Ottawa.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, including workshops, recorded webinars, volunteer opportunities, application and grant deadlines, and more.