Thursday 22 September 2016

Stories from the Professional Theatre Training Program: Krista Colosimo

Our Professional Theatre Training Program (PTTP) offers financial support for unique and flexible training with a chosen mentor in any theatrical discipline (except performance.)

Krista Colosimo trained in artistic direction with Ashlie Corcoran at Thousand Islands Playhouse in Gananoque.


(August 18, 2016)

My time at the Thousand Islands Playhouse has come to a close. 

This summer I set out to expand my knowledge of artistic leadership and season programming under the mentorship of Artistic Director, Ashlie Corcoran at The Thousand Islands Playhouse.

I spent the beginning of my internship becoming familiar with the administrative team, their duties, and the general flow of the TIP office. Since then I have been privy to the plans for the upcoming 2016/2017 season. I researched and read plays that were to be considered for production and created summaries and breakdowns for each play. I have attended staff meetings, community events, assisted in creating season breakdowns as well as material for the 2016-2017 Board presentation. I have also been able to assist in the season launch that will be taking place this September.

I am so grateful for the time I have spent at the Playhouse this summer and the generosity of all the staff who have contributed to my education here.  I would also like to thank Theatre Ontario, whose support made this experience truly possible. 

Related Reading:

The next application deadline for the Professional Theatre Training Program is October 3, 2016.

Learn more about Theatre Ontario's Professional Theatre Training Program

Theatre Ontario’s Professional Theatre Training Program is funded by the Ontario Arts Council, an agency of the Government of Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment