|Ontario Summer Theatre's Gravenhurst Opera House|
production of Thumbs.
Robin Clipsham, Jane Miller
- Andrew Wagner-Chazalon, the new Ontario Summer Theatre blogger, has begun his travels for 2016—with his first stop at Gravenhurst Opera House to see Thumbs, directed by Theatre Ontario Talent Bank adjudicator and playwriting instructor Maja Ardal.
- The latest edition of #CdnCult Times from SpiderWebShow explored the question of “What is performance in the digital age?”
- Jini Stolk shared a good resource from a Toronto Arts Foundation Creative Champions Network event on the arts board’s role in financial oversight and responsibility.
- On the occasion of his 200th post on “Large Stage Live!”, Ken Stephen (a long-time Theatre Ontario supporter and past Board Member) shares 25 of the arts events from the past four years that were particularly memorable for him, including performances at the Stratford and Shaw Festivals, Soulpepper Theatre, and two Theatre Ontario Festival performances—33 Variations from Theatre Sarnia in 2016 (technically the original performance in Sarnia), and Lenin’s Embalmers from The Curtain Club in 2014 (blushing slightly on that last one.)
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- MT Space’s Young Company is a theatre mentorship program geared towards culturally diverse and Indigenous youth from the Kitchener-Waterloo Region. It was funded by the Theatre Ontario Youth Theatre Training Program.
- Catching up with Brittany Banks and Colin Simmons—the recipients of Acting Up Stage Company’s 2015/16 Banks Prize recipients for up-and-coming musical theatre performers.
- Theatre Passe Muraille in Toronto has announced their 2016/17 season.