- Big Data is one of the current buzzword ideas. Createquity asks "Is the cultural sector ready to move beyond data for data’s sake?"
- CAPACOA and Culture Days hosted an Oxford-style debate “Hard Facts vs. Proverbial Truths – The Impact of Arts and Culture on Canadian Citizens and Communities”: Debating intrinsic and intangible benefits vs. economic and data-driven metrics (livestream recording)
- Closing down a theatre company in “Attending My Own Wake” by Meg Taintor on HowlRound
- Organizational structures for ensemble theatres: Liza Bielby of The Hinterlands in Detroit writes the model of "a band working on different albums"
- Are stage directions in scripts a constraint to creativity or an invitation to imagine? Lyn Gardner explores the question in “Exit the stage direction”
- How do you thank your theatre company donors? Three challenging rules from Clairification
|George Randolph with Premier Kathleen Wynne at the|
Economic and Trade Development mission to China
- Randolph Academy in Toronto is going to be part of the burgeoning growth of musical theatre in China. Randolph Academy Founder and President (and Theatre Ontario Board member) George Randolph travelled to China recently as the sole arts representative in Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne's delegation on her first-ever international Economic and Trade Development mission to China. While in China, Randolph met with representatives of the Shanghai Municipal Education Commission to explore the development of a musical theatre-based arts education program for elementary school students in Shanghai.
- Upcoming season announcement from Highlands Summer Festival in Haliburton and the Blyth Festival