- David Ferry writes for Intermission about audience behaviour, and a hope to “find a way to hear everyone’s stories with respect and attention.”
- The latest contributor to Playwrights Guild of Canada’s “Canadian Plays Recommended by Playwrights” was Kristen Da Silva.
- Scott Walters' “Strategies for Becoming an Independent Artist” on Creative Insubordination begins with “Tip #0”: Forget Everything.
- This week’s SpiderWire by Michael O’Brien (part of a Theatre Ontario Professional Theatre Training Program with Sarah Garton Stanley at SpiderWebShow) explores the idea of “faith.”
Behind the Scenes at Ontario’s Theatres
- Business for the Arts brings its ArtsVest sponsorship training program to five new communities: Oakville, Thunder Bay, Collingwood, North Bay, and Kawartha Lakes.
- Theatre Kingston’s Storefront Festival is now officially part of the CAFF Fringe Circuit.
- The Playwrights Residency grant program at the Ontario Arts Council is now part of the Theatre Projects program, with the deadline of February 16.
In Case You Missed It
- Meet the new members of our Youth Advisory Committee for 2017.
- Browsing Our Bulletin Board, featuring workshops for actors and creators on launching your career, bringing your show to schools, grant writing, dramaturgy; weekend intensives on auditioning and stage managing; improv course in Sudbury, artist educator training in Toronto, a forum for creative leaders in Vaughan and more.
- ONstage Openings this week in Aurora, Mississauga, Oshawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Cobourg, Peterborough, and Kingston.